Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Pampered Chef's Dijon Mustard Rub

-
Before I begin, I have to reveal that, Pampered Chef purveyor, Lee Anne Krause is a friend who's kindly allowed me to promote my blog on her Facebook page for the last few years.

Pampered Chef is a global multi-level marketing company that offers a line of kitchen tools, food products, and cookbooks for preparing food in the home. They depend on local purveyors selling to friends or party guests, kind of like a culinary Avon.
Dijon Mustard Rub
Subject: Pampered Chef's Dijon Mustard Rub | Source: Courtesy of Pampered Chef with Lee Anne Krause  |

Since I bought a 1.9 ounce jar of Pampered Chef's Dijon Mustard Rub, for $5.25, from a friend, I told myself I'd break one of my rules, and only blog about it if it was good.  Well, I'm blogging about it.

Made from (Dijon Mustard Powder [Dijon Mustard ((Distilled Vinegar, Mustard, Salt, White Wine, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Spices)), Maltodextrin, Modified Food Starch, Natural Flavor], Brown Mustard, Sugar, Black Pepper, Dehydrated Onion, Mustard Seed, Dehydrated Garlic, Vinegar Powder ((Maltodextrin, White Distilled Vinegar, Modified Food Starch)), Thyme, Rosemary, Less than 2% of Parsley, Sage, Bay, Oleoresin Turmeric, Oregano, Natural Flavor, and Silicon Dioxide to prevent caking) I'm not sure the label "rub" completely describes this product.

Conceivably this would be good rubbed into a pork loin or chicken before roasting.  However, the two times I've used it, so far, I've used it as a seasoning.

First, I sprinkled it into a mayonnaise based pasta salad (pasta shells, bell peppers, green onions, mayo, and salt).  Then today, I mixed two tablespoons of the seasoning/rub with a quarter cup of sour cream and a quarter cup of mayonnaise to make a dip for a soft pretzel.

I recommend using, at least, two table spoons of the seasoning to get the flavor to really come through.   Yet once I used enough, Pampered Chef's Dijon Mustard Rub provided a nice mustard flavor without delivering a harsh mustard bite.

All things considered, I give Pampered Chef's Dijon Mustard Rub 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment