Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Stumptown Tart 2017 - A Review

-

Subject: Stumptown Tart 2017 | Date: 06/24/2017 |Photographers: James Kiester & Dani Cogswell | This picture was taken by the author of this blog. |
Every summer Bridgeport Brewing releases a new version of their Stumptown Tart, which features a different berry blend every year.  I have been focusing on my other blog for quite a while, so I thought I would review this year's blend and have something good to recommend for summer time drinking. Of course, you know they say about the best laid plans of mice and men; we don't all get our proverbial rabbit farm.

My favorite version of this beer was 2013's blend of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries which delivered a light fruity beer that was easy to drink.  Jumping ahead four years and we find a blend of black raspberries and blueberries, which was barely perceptible under the harsh bitter hoppiness of the beer.

To be fair, I am not one who enjoys hoppy beers such as IPAs.  So, in order to do this beer justice I gave it to a friend, Michael, who loves IPAs.  He didn't like it either.  The sweet tart undertones of the berries ruined it for him.  Thus, it's not a good beer for IPA lovers or fruit beer lovers.  Therefore I have to give this years blend 4 out of 10 stars.

I did not want leave my readers high and dry for the summer.  With this in mind, I mixed two parts ODWALLA's Hotter Melon (juices of watermelon, apple, lemon, raspberry and jalapeño) with one part Smirnoff Grapefruit Vodka. What I got was a sweet tart beverage that delivered a spicy burn on the back of the throat.  This would be great for pool parties, camping trips or your son's little league ball game.  Er...maybe not that last one.

Drink responsibly and have fun this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment