Thursday, December 6, 2012

ChocoVine: Raspberry - Micro Blog

-
Photobucket It's hard to review wines without eventually repeating yourself.  "This white has hints of grass & citrus," "That red has some nice cherry notes," etc..  I'd become slightly bored with wines in general, when I came across something I'd hadn't expected at, of all places, my local WinCo Grocry Store.

Admittedly, I was skeptical when I found this bottle for only $8.00.  Yet, I try to live by the rule to try everything at least once, so I allowed curiosity to take over and took the bottle home.

ChocoVine: Raspberry is made from NV French Cabernet Sauvignon combined with rich dark chocolate from Holland and Raspberries to produce a unique dessert time cocktail at 14% ABV.

The wine begins with a creamy texture on the tongue and delivers a good initial hit of chocolate & raspberry flavor, akin to a raspberry mocha.  As it slides down the throat though, the drinker will feel a slight burn, reminding them of the presence of the alcohol.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit I'm the only member of my household to like ChocoVine: Raspberry.  While I give it 3.8 out of 5 stars, other members of my household report a "medicine flavor" which I personally don't taste. Nevertheless, at such a low price point, ChocoVine: Raspberry may be something you want to experiment with this holiday season.
-

1 comment:

  1. Happy Christmas, James - the moment may have come for ChocoVine!

    ReplyDelete