Saturday, February 15, 2014

Domino Moscato 2010 - Micro Blog

-
Domino Moscato
Image provided by
Delicato Family

   Vineyards

To celebrate the holiday meant for lovers, I was treated to dinner at Nonna Emilia Ristoranté Italiano. Alongside my tortellini (Bite-sized pasta rings stuffed with meat in a rich cream sauce), I drank a glass of Domino Moscato 2010 from Delicato Family Vineyards.  

While the official tasting notes brag, "waxy honeycomb, potpourri and peach aromas with silky fruity light-to-medium body and a tart citrus and green apple finish," I tasted sweet lemon flavors on the majority of my tongue.  The green apple was definitely present on the finish though, coupled with some welcome herbaceous notes.

Domino Moscato 2010 is a sweet wine.  Yet, it's not too sweet to compliment a savory meal, offering enough acidity to cut through a buttery rich sauce.

I'd give Domino Moscato 2010 9.1 out of 10 points on the Parker scale.

Technical Notes - Alcohol: 13% | Residual Sugar: 5.15 g/100ml |
| Total Acidity: 0.55 g/100mlpH: 3.42 |


-

No comments:

Post a Comment