Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Jack In The Box's Double Jack - A Review

-
 Jack In The Box's Double Jackl
Subject: Jack In The Box's Double Jack | Date: 02/05/16 |
Photographers: James Kiester & Dani Cogswell | This picture was taken by the author of this blog. |

I had to pick up my week's worth of comics from Beaverton's Things From Another World.  Since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped for lunch at the Jack In The Box at 2920 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. in Beaverton, Oregon.

I didn't keep the receipt, but I think the Double Jack combo, with a medium drink, was $5.95, and I paid a few cents more to get three Jalapeno poppers, instead of fries.

Jack In The Box's Double Jack comes standard with two beef patties, American cheese, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, onion, ketchup, and mayonnaise on a soft bakery bun.

I got mine without lettuce, because that's just how I roll, but I left everything else standard.  The patties were large and meaty, the cheese was melted nicely, the onion was crisp and flavorful, and the bun held together well.  However, the beef was a bit under seasoned, the ketchup and mayo were applied a bit heavily, and the tomato slice was on the skimpy side.

All in all, Jack In The Box's Double Jack is a filling middle of the road fast food double cheeseburger.  It's a good double cheeseburger, but not a great double cheeseburger.  For my money I prefer Jack's Ultimate Cheeseburger which has the same two patties, two kinds of cheese (American & Swiss-esc), and an option to add bacon.  I give Jack In The Box's Double Jack 7 out of 10 stars.

-

Right now Jack In The Box is giving away coupons for FREE Double Jack burger or Jumbo Jack burger to the first one million customers to request one online.  To get one, simply fill out Jack In The Box's form with your email address or phone number.

*First 1,000,000 eligible participants to complete sign up will receive coupon good for one (1) free burger at participating Jack in the Box locations. Free coupon good for one Double Jack or Jumbo Jack (with or without cheese)(or Habanero Ultimate Cheeseburger in test markets). Coupons distributed within 48 hours of sign up. Open to U.S. residents at least 18 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment