Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Are Chicken Littles A Big Value?

-
KFC has expanded their selection of "Chicken Littles", which are snack sandwiches consisting of a chicken tender, 2 slices of pickle, and mayo on a sesame seed bun. The morsels now come in four flavors; Regular Extra Crispy, Georgia Gold Honey Mustard BBQ, Smoky Mountain BBQ or Nashville Hot; and are being sold 2 for $3.00.


| Subject: KFC's Georgia Gold Honey Mustard BBQ and Smoky Mountain BBQ Chicken Littles | Date: 03/01/2019 | Photographers: James Kiester & Dani Cogswell |
I visited my local KFC (at 18735 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy in Aloha, Oregon) to partake of the deal. I’ve already had the regular extra crispy version and I wasn't in the mood for spicy hot, so I helped myself to the Georgia Gold Honey Mustard BBQ and Smoky Mountain BBQ sandwiches.

Each sandwich came with a soft bun, two tasty slices of dill pickle, plenty of mayonnaise, and a crispy chicken tender flavored with the appropriate sauce.

I tried the Smoky Mountain BBQ sandwich first. It wasn't exactly dripping with sauce, but that meant it wasn't overly messy either. On my first bite, I could taste the crispy chicken tender, tart pickle, and creamy mayo, but I had to take two or three bites before I tasted a hint of the sweet smoky BBQ sauce.

I ate the Georgia Gold Honey Mustard BBQ sandwich next, hoping for a bolder kick of flavor. If anything, this sandwich delivered a milder flavor than its predecessor. It’s as if the advertised sauces served as background flavors rather than dominant components of the dishes.

When the sandwiches are opened, one can see the sauces were brushed on at the last minute. As a result, the chicken doesn't have time to absorb the flavors of the sauces. Neither sandwich was bad, and when eaten together they make a filling lunch. They're simply not something I’d go out of my way for. I'd give both sandwiches 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment