Thursday, May 2, 2019

Are KFC's Cinabon Inspired Biscuits A Dessert Must?

-
I love Cinabon’s cinnamon rolls.  Those sweet ooey gooey confections of joy are some of the best things on Earth.   So, when I heard KFC was offering a new dessert based on said sweet rolls I had to try it.


| Subject: KFC's Cinabon Biscuits |
| Date: 05/02/2019 | Photographers: James Kiester & Dani Cogswell |

I ordered lunch from the KFC at 18735 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy. in Aloha, Oregon.  For $3 I got a box of 4 biscuits.  They're also available individually for $1 each, which, in retrospect, is probably what I should have done.

As advertised, they were KFC’s buttermilk biscuits covered in a cinnamon glaze and sweet white icing.  The glaze and icing definitely tasted like Cinabon's.

The first bite along the edge was delicious.  However, as I worked my inward I found the biscuit to be dense and dry.  I knew going in the biscuits wouldn't have the wonderful gooey core of a cinnamon roll.  Yet, I hadn't expected such density either.

KFC’s Cinabon Biscuits aren't a bad dessert per se.  They're simply not a dessert I’d go out of my way for again.  I'd give these dessert biscuits 6 out 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment