Monday, July 30, 2018

Marilyn's Gluten Free Gourmet Cheese Straws

-
Before I  begin, I have to disclose a personal bias. I am friends with the daughter of the owner of the baked goods company that makes these snacks. Since the snacks were given to me as a gift, I won't be giving them a star rating.

Marilyn's Gluten Free Gourmet Cheese Straws come in three varieties. I was given  Original and Jalepeno (their spelling) flavors, but they also come in White Cheddar & Chives.

Made from; sharp cheddar cheese, rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, sea salt, spices, and a few other ingredients; none of which are, hard to pronounce chemicals or food dyes; each straw is about 3 inches long and it looks like a crinkle cut French fry.


I am typically not a person who seeks out gluten free snacks.  However, I do like snacks that taste good. These straws taste a bit like Goldfish crackers, only more dense. They have a good crunch to them, but are a little dryer than most crackers. I did not mind it though, as I ate them along with a Sam Adams Summer Ale while watching The Four (Go Sharaya!).

The Original flavor had a good sharp cheddar bite to them, and are a little bit spicy in their own right. The Jalepeno adds another level of spice, but they're not so hot that you have to take a drink right away. They have just enough heat to let you know they're there without being overwhelming.

For more info about the straws, and how to order them, you can visit Marilyn's Gluten Free Gourmet Baked Goods.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment