Monday, November 8, 2021

I'm Eating A Diablo Dog And Taking A Break

-
I’m taking a break from food writing. I still love food, don't think otherwise. I'm simply having trouble being inspired by it at the moment.
| Subject: The Diablo Dog |
| Date: 09/22/2021 |
| Photographers: Shelby Hester & James Kiester |
| Permissions: Photo taken for this blog |

About six weeks ago I was going to review the Diablo Dog (An all-beef hot dog wrapped in bacon and deep fried, chili, shredded cheese, mustard, jalapenos and diced onions) from Joe’s Burgers (14623 SW Teal BLVD).  It was a really good chili dog; spicy, salty, tart from the mustard, with a crisp wiener which was longer than the bun.  With everything going on, I couldn't really taste the bacon, but…, OK.  It was a really good chili dog.

I began writing the review six times, and couldn't muster the energy to type the thing.  It wasn't happening.  I think I’ve had so many political & spiritual thoughts lately that I'm having trouble focusing on food.  Besides, I can't get motivated to write another Thanksgiving piece recommending Gewurztraminer as a pairing for turkey.  It's not in me this year.

For the rest of 2021, I’m going to focus on my other two blogs, Blogito Ergo Sum and Musings From The Christian Left.  Don't worry, I’ll revive this blog in early 2022 to steer readers toward more goodies and away from epicurean pitfalls.  In the meantime, eat something extra rich & yummy for the holidays!  🍷🥩

No comments:

Post a Comment