Friday, February 4, 2022

Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

-
I am not a professional chef, nor have I been classically trained in the field of cuisine. I AM, however, a writer and a well-read food & wine enthusiast, who lives to eat and knows what he likes. In this blog, you'll read my views on cheese, wine, restaurants, cooking, food trends, and more.









| Subject: A lonely kitchen |
| Permissions: License use Creative Commons Zero |
I first wrote those words back in 2008.  You'll find the oldest entry is from 2011, but that’s because in 2017 I deleted the first three years of subpar entries which were written before I'd found my food-voice. 

Nevertheless, I did find it.  Since then, I've posted 82 restaurant reviews, 67 recipes, and over 200 other pieces on cheese, wine, beer, food history, healthy eating, and other culinary topics. 

Some of my favorite entries were:
I have more favorites, of course, but these are good sample of the ones I'm proud of. 

* I release a heavy sigh and casually sit myself upon the abandoned prep island. * My doctor has put me on a low salt diet.  As a result, I can't eat most, if any, restaurant food; certainly not any restaurant food I could get excited about.  The same can be said for recipes. 

Sure, OK, I could become the blogger who finds low sodium treasures in America's restaurants and converts classic recipes into their low sodium doppelgängers, but I'd be writing about shadows of the places and foods which I actually cared about. 

No, I think it's best to "walk" away from food blogging and devote my time & energy to my other two blogs, Blogito Ergo Sum and Musings From The Christian Left.

If you close your eyes, and listen, you can almost hear crickets chirping as this place gathers dust.  Well... I can.

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realise and I can see

That closing blogs is painless
It brings on many changes
I can take or leave it if I please

That game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card, I'll some day lay
So this is all I have to say

That closing blogs is painless
It brings on many changes
I can take or leave it if I please

The sword of time will pierce our skin
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger, watch it grin

That closing blogs is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please

A brave man once requested me
To answer questions that are key
Is it to be or not to be
And I replied, "Oh, why ask me?"

That closing blogs is painless
It brings on many changes
I can take or leave it if I please

That closing blogs is painless
It brings on many changes
And you can do the same thing if you please

^ The theme from M*A*S*H reworded by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment