Monday, September 5, 2022

Do Potato Chips Deliver A Big Crunch to Reese's Big Cups

-

I wasn’t going to write a food blog this week, I really wasn’t.  I've been trying to write a blog about the case against Trump.  I was shopping for groceries online though, when I stumbled upon something I'd not heard of.

| Subject: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with Potato Chips |
| Date: 08/31/2022 |
| Photographers: Shelby Hester & James Kiester |
| Permissions: This picture was taken for this blog |
| Background removed at EXPRESS.ADOBE.COM |
I watch my fair share of TV, and it struck me as... interesting that I hadn't seen any commercials Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with Potato Chips.  Intrigued, I added a couple of packages to my cart.  I know Reese's released a version of their Peanut Butter Cups with pretzel pieces almost two years ago.  But those were the inevitable product of the popularity of Reese's Take 5 Bar (peanut butter, peanuts, and caramel stacked upon a pretzel base and covered in chocolate).  But this seemed different to me.

Like traditional Peanut Butter Cups, these come in packages of two cups for $1.99.  Marketed as "Big Cups," these cups are roughly the same diameter as their traditional predecessor but are noticeably thicker. 

A notable crunch was apparent from the first bite.  However, I didn't detect any saltiness, from the chips, until my second bite.  I can only conclude the potato chips were not distributed evenly throughout the peanut butter cup.  Nevertheless, once the saltiness arrived at the party it worked together with the sweet flavors of the chocolate and peanut butter to produce a well-balanced flavor profile. 

Back when its pretzel baring counterpart was released, commercials for them were numerous.  Thus, one can only speculate as to why these haven't been marketed as vigorously.  Perhaps, they're still being test marketed.  In any case, my only real problem with these was the uneven distribution of potato chips. I'd give Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with Potato Chips 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment